It’s at the heart of strategy and tactics. Without it, you’re either making mistakes or making guesses with your website.
- Is there enough expertise fueling your website decisions?
- Is your website design driving engagement?
- Is it inspiring conversion?
- Is it driving quality traffic?
- Is it bringing you ROI?
Wherever you’re at with your website, we'll bring 17 years of website experience to the table and play the role of website consultant.
Our clients view us as an extension to their team, filling in expertise where needed so their websites run on all cylinders, all the time. We can educate. We can strategize. We can even design, provide development assistance, and help you get found in search engines.
Some happy clients who hired us for website consulting
4 ways to engage ProtoFuse for our website consulting
Start with Mini Engagement
Let's date before we get married. :) We have a variety of small consulting packages that'll deliver great value, but also allow us to earn your trust if something bigger is on the horizon.
- Clarity.fm - Have a conversation with our Founder, Eric Sharp. You'd be surprised what he can accomplish in 15 minutes (he's $2.92/minute)
- UX (User Experience) Design Diagnostic - Have a gut feeling something is broken, but not sure what? We’ll put your entire website under a microscope to improve its usability, speed, messaging, conversion & design for $499.
- 12 SEO Recommendations - Need better rankings? More organic traffic? We'll inspect your SEO and provide a dozen recommendations for $499.
Improve UX, SEO, CRO
Create Website Strategy
A website strategy is your website's map and compass for the next 3-5 years. Does your website know where it's going?
Our Web Strategy Consulting comes in 3 tiers ranging from $10,000 to $25,000.
Have a unique or custom need with your website? We'll help you tackle those problems with a custom solution. Let's discuss your website and create the perfect engagement for you.
Our custom consulting engagements start at $5,000.
35 Ways a Website Consultant Will Improve Your Website
What can a website consultant provide? How can they better your website? Here are 35 different ways they’ll bring perspective, clarity & actionable advice.
Is a website consultant a good fit for your business? Below is some Q&A to help you evaluate.
What exactly is website consulting?
We think it’s simply doing what is required in the short-term on your website, but also helping you see into the future more clearly.
Website consulting means talking, diagnosing, planning, and sometimes even helping you fix stuff. Thanks to technology, it can be carried out in person or remotely. Most of ours is done remotely thanks to virtual meeting software and project management tools.
What does a website consultant do?
The word “consultant” comes with ambiguity. What exactly does one do? What are their responsibilities?
Here are a few things a website consultant will help with:
- Plan a website strategy
- Create website-specific user personas
- Build a clickable prototype or design wireframes
- Gather & analyze qualitative & quantitative website data
- Improve your Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Help you evaluate if you need a website rebuild
- Fix common website errors
- Map out the structure of your website with sitemapping
- and much more!
Do I need to sign any agreements or contracts?
Website consulting arrangements, at least from our experience, are work for hire situations. Most don’t require extensive website consulting agreements or contracts. We have a single authorization document for our bite-sized packages.
One of the benefits of hiring a consultant is the “plug-and-play” value. They should be able to fix problems quickly and easily. Lengthy contracts and agreements only get in the way of solving problems.
With that said, engaging a web consulting firm without signing anything isn’t wise. At the very least, make sure the engagement details hours, rates & objectives.
What are typical website consulting fees & rates?
Fees and rates will vary depending on the firm’s experience and depth of the consulting.
If you want to hire a proven website consultant, their hourly rate will probably be somewhere between $100 to $200 per hour. Fees, again, depend on the level of consulting you’re buying and the complexity of your website. They could range anywhere from $100 to $100,000.
We offer a few mini engagements under $500 to earn your trust before we dig into a deeper engagement.