Studies show people have an instantaneous reaction to a website.
Like, .05 seconds instantaneous.
In the time it takes to blink, a positive or negative impression is created once they arrive on your website. If your website’s design is poor, there’s a high probability that you’ve left a bad first impression.
Just how bad?
Well, Stanford’s Persuasive Technology Lab found that almost half (46%) of people say a website’s design is the #1 criterion for discerning credibility.
A poor design could be related to:
- Logo placement (too big, too small, not following branding guideline)
- Fonts (too similar, too many, not readable)
- Imagery (too generic, no styling consistency, slow load times)
- Colors (not harmonious, lacks proper contrast)
- Overall layout (lacks gestalt principles, no rhyme or reason to element placement)
If you’re cognizant of your website’s bad design, or your instincts tell you it’s possibly the crux of poor performance (e.g. conversion rate), we can help.
Do you have a poor website design? We can help in two ways:
Our User Experience Design Diagnostic is great way to test our design expertise and get valuable (and objective) feedback on your website. Or, if you’re ready to hire us in a bigger capacity — let’s discuss your website.
Anyone can slap together a website these days, but not all web design companies are created equal. Protofuse has the expertise to create intelligent, user-focused sites that actually work.