Stanford University’s HR department hired ProtoFuse in the Summer of 2012 to completely rebuild a website that is heavily used in recruiting top notch talent.
One of the many challenges for the ProtoFuse team was: “How can we motivate recruits to not only understand Stanford’s benefits, but get excited about it”.
The use of current staff “spotlights” that are heavily featured throughout the site, gives the overall content a compelling and engaging experience.
We also integrated the design to their existing job listings technology and accounted for the social experience by the usage of the “Social Job Matcher” — a third-party service tying in a user’s Facebook/LinkedIn account.
Our University's Webmaster refers to the Stanford Careers website as the model website that other units should use as the standard!
Old Website's Problems
Memory lane, anyone?
Major pain points of Stanford Careers' old website:
- Poor UX Design
- Lack of engagement
- Usability issues
- No rich content through storytelling
- Outdated content
- No Content Management System
- Outdated implementation of Brand Standards
What We Delivered
- Detailed user research with personas
- Content Management System (Drupal)
- Multiple design concepts
- Custom video integration
- Third-party social job matcher integration
- Third-party job listings integration